Saturday, July 24, 2010

Getting Greener

Everywhere I look, I notice little signs advertising green products. McDonald's. The Disney Store. The grocery store now carries recycled trash bags. Sometimes I smile and relax little, thinking that maybe, just maybe, things will be OK. Maybe it's not the end of the world, and that we can save ourselves.

But then... I do not trust companies. A company is run by a group of people who don't want to lose their jobs, who want to make money, and who think they can each deflect responsibility. I wouldn't put it past a company to advertise something as green when it is not. They are trying to make a buck. It's organic produce wrapped in plastic. Yes, the Disney Store might sell organic t-shirts. Before you get all warm and fuzzy about the company, remember that they still sell all of the plastic toys and stuffed animals which will never ever go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment