Friday, July 16, 2010

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

Last year I planted tomato seeds, and we got three tomatoes from sixteen plants. None of them were ripe before the first frost.

This year I tried planting them a little earlier. And guess what? We have tomatoes! In fact, four or five of the plants have little green tomatoes on them. I am stupidly thrilled!

Actually, the little veggie patch was a success, unless you count the beans, which never sprouted. We have carrots! Little ones, but you know... And peas! Thanks to Nick's RE teachers. Only three plants, which have given us about five pods so far. But that's plenty to add to an Indian Chicken Tikka.

I'm loving this. This afternoon, before it started raining, I was out watering the plants (of course) and I actually found myself wishing I had planted a few other things. Blueberries. Blackberries. Mint. Onions - do onions grow here? Cucumbers, or maybe peppers? We don't even eat peppers. But the way things are going, I might consider planting zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment