Sunday, January 24, 2010

Global Warming Survival Handbook

For Christmas my sister gave me The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook by David De Rothschild.

This is a really cute book. It wasn't particularly informative, in that it didn't really tell me anything that I didn't already know. But it made me feel as though I were taking steps in the right direction. It offers suggestions such as "Put On A Sweater," as an alternative to turning up your heat, and using reusable grocery bags instead of paper or plastic. These are both things I am doing. And even the things I am not doing, such as composting or using solar power, I either plan on doing in the not-too-distant future, or as soon as... well, as soon as I can, or as soon as makes sense.

What this book DID do was to remind me what I was trying to do and to offer a little more motivation. It offered a little more information, a little humor, and a little motivation to make a few extra baby steps. If you're looking for a basic 'green' book to hand over to someone, this might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment