Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fuel

I recently saw a documentary called Fuel.

Have you seen this? Apparently it's not new, just new to me.

Watching things like this bother me. I start watching and the film starts parading out facts and I want to say "I know I know, but what do I DO about it?" The film definitely has an agenda, and critics can be harsh. But still, it has it's points. We are running out of oil. We use it for everything. The oil companies pay off our politicians. We go to war for it. And we turn away from all other options. We're killing ourselves, painting ourselves into a corner.

And what can we do? It's so easy to say "yes, but I hate thinking about it. I'm going to buy myself a bottle of water and then take a drive in my SUV to keep my mind off it for awhile."

If nothing else, it made me think about getting a diesel car next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment