Friday, April 2, 2010

Travel Slips

I went on a trip.

When you visit someone's home, you are kind of obligated to do what they do. I mean, my Aunt Betty does not recycle. So I am left with a choice. I can either not recycle also, and throw cans, bottles, and cereal boxes in the trash... or I can not throw them out. And create a pile that grows with my stay. And Betty can throw them in the trash when I leave. OR... I can find a place to recycle them.

Which is kind of what I did. I mean, there were certainly other things that I did not do. Like keep to an organic diet. Or turn off lights. And also, I got on four different planes. Five if you count the one that pulled away from the gate but never took off and they made us deplane and get on another plane at another gate...

I did the best I could under the incredibly stressful circumstances. Next time, I'll do a little bit better.

1 comment: