Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dishwasher

Have I posted about my dishwasher before? I must have.

I read an article that said rinsing dishes off before putting them in the dishwasher wasted water. It claimed the dishwasher could take care of most food particles, and that the soap "needed something to work against."

Now, I love saving water. I shut off the water when I brush my teeth. I shut off the shower while I soap up. Seriously. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

You need to rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.

I have tried not rinsing them. Even if I run the dishwasher right away, the dishes are not clean. They are crusty and greasy.

Perhaps I should be worried about my dishwasher? Do others really and for true get all the food and grease off? Is it just the dishwasher I have now? And the one I had before that? And the ones my parents had? And every other dishwasher I have ever used in my life? IT'S ME, ISN'T IT?

I maintain that rinsing the dishes off quickly and scraping off the gross stuff is actually necessary, and saves water by not having to wash dishes twice when they come out still slimy. Especially if I'm using the quickest wash cycle.

And yes, for anyone who missed it, washing a full load in the dishwasher can be better than washing by hand. The article said that, too. And I like that information, so I'll keep it.

1 comment:

  1. Tattoo this on your brother's forehead. He doesn't seem to get it.

    ReplyDelete