Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sun Chips

We bought sun chips.

I have to admit that, as of three years ago, I dismissed Sun Chips as an inferior chip. They were fake chips. Chips that kids got when their parents were health nuts. Those poor kids. Their parents wouldn't even spring for the Doritos.

But parenthood changes a girl. I resolved never to put chips or cheetos in a lunch box. Ever. But it's hard, very hard, when your kid comes home and tells you that the other kids are bringing oreos and sugared sports drinks and yogurts made with more chemicals than I use in my hair. So when someone asked for Sun Chips, I jumped at it. THIS, I could do.

And we don't get them very often, because chips are, after all, a sometimes thing. Not an every day, or even every week thing.

But we recently DID get Sun Chips again, and I was very happy to experience firsthand the new compostable chip bag they have started using. HOW GREAT IS THAT? Any other chip bag will hang around for decades, taking up space in landfills, etc. And I know, I know, it's just a little chip bag. But think about how many bags of chips you've eaten in your life. Now imagine everyone else in the world adding to that pile of your empty bags. And now imagine that more chip companies start using this new packaging that will turn into soil. There's a solution here.

So... I'm actually not sure how this composting chip bag works. But I'm waiting to see. It could really be great.

1 comment: