Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Way to Swap! - more recycled clothing.

One of my Facebook friends is having a Clorox GreenWorks sponsored party this weekend. I shall be unable to attend. Which is a shame. I'm assuming it was kind of like a tupperware party, or one of those candle parties, where they give a little presentation and then try to get you to buy stuff. But I like Green Works.

What makes this party interesting, is that it involved a kid's clothing swap. Everyone would bring clothes they no longer wanted or had outgrown, and you could go through everyone else's piles to pick up stuff for your own kids. How neat is that?

Why don't adults organize stuff like that for themselves? I would LOVE a party like that. Even if I only wore an item twice I would feel as though I won.

2 comments:

  1. The girls in the '20s' sort of age group at my church have had a couple of clothes swaps and they are lots of fun. (not that I'm saying it's only for people in their 20s, by any means!)
    We extended it to things like accessories and bags as well as CDs or DVDs, art supplies, candles - basically turn up with anything that's still good (has some life left in it) and then spread it all over the room, and have fun swapping!

    Definitely works best if there are more than a couple of people, and if people are similar sizes, but with all the other stuff as well as clothes, it doesn't necessarily matter. - besides, there are always things like both I and my friend Rachel picked up clothes that we could wear while pregnant last time, which weren't necessarily our 'normal' size, but did the job at the time.

    Having been given loads of baby stuff for tiny - clothes and equipment, I'm looking forward to continuing the tradition with baby/kids stuff too.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in my 20's-30's three or four friends & I would get together at someone's apt & bring all the clothes we were tired of, didn't fit or were 'bad buys'. There were also accessories & shoes! Then we'd have at it. Everyone seemed to find at least one item & it was like winning something! We'd clean out our closets & have a great time catching up -- it was win-win all around!

    ReplyDelete