Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Produce Challenge

So I took a deep breath and registered at the No Impact Site, so that I might take part in one of their week-long experiments, and guess what? I got an out-of-office email from the person responsible, telling me she was on vacation. Hmmm. Oh, well. Maybe something will happen when she comes back?

In the meantime, I'm taking on a produce challenge. To date, I still buy the bulk of my fruits and vegetables at the grocery store. I try to buy organic, but I know I'd be better off supporting the local farmers around here. So...

I'm sure there are Farmer's Markets around here, but I don't know when or where they occur. I am going to look that up. There are a couple of farm stands, but my favorite one is closed until the end of August. (What is up with that?) The other one sells eggs, though. Farm fresh. Cool, huh?

This is going to up our food spending, I know. And I'm going to be frustrated because I will be at the mercy of whatever they happen to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment