Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Energy Challenge!

Energy Wise or Energy Water? Go here to see!

It turns out I produce less than the regional average of Co2 per year. And less than the national. According to the calculator. But the calculations are, of course, done with my input, and I'm not so sure I have certain things right, like the miles I put on my car or the fuel efficiency. Still, it's kind of cool.

And if you're interested in tips, there are Mini Energy Calculators, which tell you not only where you can save the earth in your home, but save money, too! Again, my problems come when I realize that I have no idea how to go about re-insulating my home, or how to fix those cracks I can see around my windows.

Finally, you can go on an Energy Diet! I think this is funny, because I've compared my journey to losing weight. It's really just small tips for each month, broken down in smaller bites to make then easier to swallow. I'm big on making changes this way, because gradual change is easier to take than sudden lifestyle upheavals.

No comments:

Post a Comment