Thursday, May 27, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

Wednesday's dinner is meatless. This is environmentally sound, as meat production and distribution creates pollution. I also believe it to be quite healthy, if it means we're eating more vegetables.

But finding meals I think the family will eat is tough.

I ran across this one in my stash of recipes to try. It was passed along to me because it is rumored to bring on labor in pregnant women. I was pregnant at the time. With my oldest son. Who will be six in three days. So you can see it's been sitting there for awhile.

Eggplant Parmigiana Alla Scalini's


It took awhile to make, honestly. I used all organic ingredients, except a few of the spices, which I already had, and the mozzarella. I'm not sure I cooked the eggplant enough. And then none of my kids would eat it. Or touch it. I didn't even tell them it was eggplant, but they glared at me and said they hated it before they even picked up a spoon. When my husband told them it was chicken, my four-year-old told me it was good, but he couldn't eat it because of the bones.

So... it's not vegan. It's vegetarian. And it's worth a try.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was delicious and I wish I had been there to eat it with you! (avec le vin)

    ReplyDelete