Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Chance Gone By

I went on a trip.

No matter where I go, travel messes me up. Water in plastic bottles, fast food... whatever. I can't help myself. I end up wasting more and making more waste.

What's more, I left my kids at home with people (my husband and his mother) who I know care very little for the environment, or at least have no faith in the measures I take to keep it safe. In fact, I seriously (no joke now) feel that they do their very best to do the opposite of everything I do, just to show me how little difference what I do makes. Paper plates, fast food all the time, meat at every meal, TV on all the time, even when no one is there. Keeping lights on all the time. Running the dryer when the sun in out, ignoring not only the compost bin but the recycle bin (how hard is that one? Seriously you have to think and try hard to be as negligent as I think they are sometimes...)

Anyway, I'm back.

And maybe I wasn't as great as I thought I would be, but at least I now know where my weaknesses are. Mainly in fast food and trash. And TV. But I have this to work on right? Next time I'll be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment