Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Nose By Any Other Name

A short while ago, I stopped buying a lot of products with fragrances.
Organic or plant based cleaners usually use baking soda, or scents like lemongrass or thyme. Shampoos and lotions use peppermint, citrus, honey, or rosemary. I've been using these for a few months now, and Ive found some that I like. And I've gotten really used to them.

But now, when I walk down the laundry aisle in the grocery store, I am overwhelmed. It stinks! It really makes me think about how many chemicals are in these products. I mean, the scents are nice and flowery, but I wonder why they are so strong. It's nice to have a little scent on something, but I really don't think we need as much as what's in there.

For one day, take note of all the products you use that are scented. It's probably more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment