Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Green Genius

So, I use plastic bags.

I try to remember my shopping bags, of course. I'm talking here about trash bags. The big plastic bags I put my food scraps and wrappers and all of the other stuff - a lot of it plastic - into so that it can leave my home.

How does this make sense? PLastic sticks around forever, right? Why am I using it?

Well, I've started buying Green Genius trash bags. They are supposed to be biodegradable, which is better. They may not be as strong, but we don't usually lug our bags that far, so I don't think it will be a problem. And it's worth it if they work. There are other brands of biodegradable trash bags and also food storage zip locs and such, out there. They are hard to find because Hefty and Glad take up most of the shelf space for some reason. Take a look and see what you can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment