Monday, January 10, 2011

Green Jeans

I am, at heart, a blue jeans kinda girl. If it were up to me I would wear them every day.

But I hate paying a lot for my jeans, which means I don't often buy them. I mean, why pay fifty dollars for a pair of pants grown with poison, dyed with poison which is them dumped into drinking water, transported here from China (free Tibet!) which is horrible for both our economy and the environment, only to wear them twice before accidentally spilling bleach on them?

I mean, it just doesn't make sense.

Also, no one makes jeans that fit me. They are either too long or too big at the waist.

Here are some Jean Rules:

1 - Wear the jeans you own. When they get worn, wear them anyway. Torn? Wear them. If you can't stand the rip, turn them into shorts. Wear them until they are so unwearable you can't stand it. Then donate to goodwill or use the fabric for sewing projects.

2 - wash jeans in cold water and line dry. Saves the jeans, less energy, more cost effective.

3 - when you do buy jeans, check out second-hand shops - I've gotten some cute ones there, and since they cost five bucks I wasn't upset when they ripped and stained.

4 -OR go for the hefty price tag organic cotton or look for something called "Better Cotton." It's not organic but focuses on the farming of the material, and that is important.

I got my information from this article.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment