Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dressing The Part

I bought a dress.

I hate shopping. I hate almost every part of it. I hate the part where I have to go to a store, I hate the part where I have to select an item that I usually try on and it doesn't look good and I have to put it back. I hate the part where I know I'm buying something made out of toxic substances by small blind children paid pennies a day.

But I bought this dress online. It's organic cotton, fair trade. I got it from Acacia, but the brand is Global Girlfriend. I just visited the site, and it's OK. There are a few fun shirts and skirts. The dress itself is fine - I can see myself wearing it, when the weather warms up just a little.

Part of what I'm aiming to do is to buy less. To buy only what I need, when I need it. To avoid excess. And what I do buy should be organic, eco-friendly, and fair trade or healthy, whichever applies. It really does take some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment