Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seventh Generation

I saw a commercial for Seventh Generation products on TV the other day. In case you are unaware, Seventh Generation makes cleaning products - dish soap, laundry detergent, all purpose cleaner - as well as paper products - paper towels, diapers, baby wipes - that are considered safe for the environment. And for the past few months, I have been using these products.

Well, not all of them. I am horribly still using LUVS because I can't get over the cost of the more organic diapers and doubt the effectiveness... and I'm not getting into that right now.

I do have to say that, when the commercial came on, I got excited. Maybe because I hadn't heard of the brand until I dug around and discovered it in my search for safer cleaning products. I felt as though I were ahead of the game. Part of an elite club. The people trying to make things right.

I think part of what got me is the emphasis on not being so afraid of germs. I mean, you want to wash your hands before eating and after cleaning the litter box, but there is no need to use disinfectant on every surface of your home five times a day. Right? We're so into antibiacterial everything these days, and seeing an add that stressed being clean AND kind to the earth... it made me feel justified, and happy.

I know, it's an add. And it worked on me, the pre-existing customer. But if you haven't tried these products, or similar ones, please go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment